The State of Social Media Today
With social media changing, what seems like, every single day, smart social media marketers need to continuously update their strategies. It’s exhausting. It’s time-consuming. It’s tedious. And it’s VITAL. Well, it’s vital if you want your business to succeed online. (If not, stick to updating the HTML on your MySpace. I heard you can have a Top 16 now…)
I was reading recently that 71% of U.S. businesses are using Instagram. 71%. That’s a lot. And that’s just one network. Do you think these businesses know how to fully capture their audience’s attention? The smart ones that stay up to date on industry trends probably do.
I also saw that, of the active monthly Facebook users, 66% use the platform daily. That’s just… that’s an impressive stat. And it’s a great deal of people businesses and brands should be connecting with.
[bctt tweet=”Of active monthly Facebook users, 66% are reported to use the platform daily. ” username=”meetsoci”]
How Do Brands Connect With Users?
So if you’re a business on any social network, are you keeping your social media skills sharp and focused on the best methods of connecting with your audience? I mean really connecting with them… On a personal level… Giving them the content they want… on the right day… At the right time.
If not, no worries, because we have just the thing you need. Our team worked on putting together a very comprehensive and useful infographic clueing you in on the overall* best times and days to post to social media to reach maximum engagement and reach.
[Infographic] The Best Days and Times to Post to Social Media
Share These Stats On Your Site
Let’s take another look at this graphic by the numbers:
How many people* use social media? (By top networks)
- Facebook: 1.9 billion monthly active users
- LinkedIn: 500 million
- Instagram: 700 million
- Twitter: 328 million
- Pinterest: 175 million
- Snapchat: 301 million
*monthly active users
Who is on social media and where?
There are over 2.8 billions social media users worldwide. Here’s a breakdown of who these people are…
- Primarily female: 83% of online women vs. 75% of online men
- Average age: 18-49
- Primarily male: 22% of online men vs. 15% of online women
- Average age: 18-29
- More male than female: 31% of online men to 29% of online women
- This crowd doesn’t use other social media networks as much
- 38% of online women are using Instagram, vs 26% of online men
- 90% of Instagram is under the age of 35
- 45% of online women to a mere 17% of online men
- Wide age range: 18-49-year olds are Pinning
What types of content drive the most engagement?
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images.
- On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
- Pizza is the most widely Instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi.
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
[bctt tweet=”Infographic | The Best Days and Times to Post to Social Media” username=”meetsoci”]
The Best Days and Times to Post to Social Media
- The best days to post: Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday – Weekends see almost double the engagement rates than weekdays
- The best times to post: 9AM, 1PM, 3PM – 1PM will get you the most shares. 3PM will get you the most clicks.
- The best days to post: Weekdays
- The best times to post: 5 p.m. (for the most retweets), 12PM and 6PM for clickthroughs
- B2B content performs 16% better during business hours, while B2C performs 17% better on weekends.
- The best days to post: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- The best times to post: 5–6PM
- Mondays and Fridays see the lowest amounts of engagement.
- The best days to post: Monday and Thursday
- The best times to post: 8-9AM, 2AM, 5PM
- Take Sunday off from posting to Instagram. It receives lowest levels of engagement.
- The best days to post: Saturday
- The best times to post: 8-11PM
- Pinners are very active in the wee hours of Friday… 1AM.
- The best days to post: Any day
- The best times to post: Past 10PM
- Any day of the week really works. But for increased engagement post later at night.
- The best days to post: Wednesday
- The best times to post: Between 9-11AM
- The middle of the week works best, but marketers have also seen success on other days around the lunch hour.
*Now, when I say “Overall best times and days to post to social media,” what I of course mean is these stats reflect the world of social media on the whole. Each business, especially in the property management, agency, and franchise space is going to be different. SOCi understands this need for businesses with multiple locations that want to reach their audiences on that oh-so-important personal level I spoke to earlier.
Learn when your multi-location property, agency, or franchise should be posting to social media by contacting our savvy team.