Updated as of April 20, 2023
SOCi, Inc. (“SOCi”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its customers, users, and partners to do the same. It is our policy to promptly investigate and respond to intellectual property infringement claims, including claims under copyright law.
In accordance with the rules and procedures described in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. Section 512 (DMCA), SOCi will respond expeditiously to any claims of copyright infringement committed using the MeetSOCi.com website (the “SOCi Site”), provided that such claims are reported to SOCi’s Designated Copyright Agent (identified below).
If you are a copyright owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of one, or any person authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the SOCi Site by sending us a notice of alleged infringement with the information delineated below (a “DMCA Notice”) and delivering it to SOCi’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of a DMCA Notice, we will take any action that we deem appropriate to address the allegation, which may include removing or disabling access to the material or content that is claimed to be infringing or to be subject to an infringement claim. We may also, at our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. If any of our SOCi Site users repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, we may, in our sole discretion, terminate such users’ rights to use the SOCi Site.
Please note that if you fail to comply with all the requirements of this policy (consistent with 17 USC § 512(c)(3)), your DMCA notice may not be valid, or our response may be delayed.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“DMCA Notice”)
- Identify the copyrighted work(s) that you claim have been infringed. You may provide a representative list of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site or the exact location where such material may be found.
- Provide your company affiliation (if applicable), mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include a statement affirming that you are the owner, or a party authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright that is allegedly being infringed.
- Include a statement affirming that have a good faith belief that the material or content subject to the copyright claim is not authorized to be used by you as the copyright owner or by any third party with the right to authorize the use of the copyright.
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this DMCA Notice, with all items completed, to SOCi’s Designated Copyright Agent:
SOCi’s Designated Copyright Agent.
SOCi, Inc. 8605 Santa Monica Blvd
PMB 47149, West Hollywood, California 90069-4109
DMCA Notice Review Process
We will review your notice for accuracy, validity, and completeness. If we find that it satisfies the requirements established in the DMCA, we will forward the notice to the customer, partner, or user (as applicable) associated with the allegedly infringing material. If the person who posted the material believes that the notice is incorrect or that they have the right to use the material at issue, they may send a counter-notice under Section 512(g)(3) of the DMCA.
Please be aware that under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us or our users if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing. Thus, before you send a DMCA notice, we recommend that you as the copyright owner (or as the authorized to act on behalf of the owner) conduct due diligence in determining that you have a good copyright claim.
Nothing in this policy shall restrict SOCi’s ability or right to remove or disable access to any infringing material that, in SOCi’s sole discretion, violates or infringes the right(s) of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right.
Details of the DMCA are available at the U.S. Copyright Office website: www.copyright.gov.
This site uses chatbots to record your interactions on our site for our consent recordkeeping and provide customer support. Our technology provider may also collect and aggregate this data on our site for their purposes. See our Privacy Notice to learn more about our privacy practices.